Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

For the 2nd time this winter, we have received a good snow!  It started Sunday night and was still snowing well into Monday afternoon.  We measured 6 inches when it was all done.  It is BEAUTIFUL and has been so much fun to run around and play in the last 2 days.  We were even able to sled on THE BIG hill here in Smith's Tavern.  I used to sled down this hill when I was little.  This snow reminded me of the snow of 1988.  We even used the sleds that my sister and I got for Christmas in 87.  Ian even went down the big hill...from the very top!  I was a little nervous about him doing it today since the roads were extremely icy...but he came down the hill with no problem...several times.  He was even able to steer the sled with no problem and jump a little hill that some of the neighborhood boys had built.  It was so neat to see him sledding on my 22 year old sled!

Our neighbors even built a fire at the bottom of the hill.  It was nice to be able to run over there and warm up your hands and backside after sliding down the icy hill!


We did have a little humorous event happen at the house yesterday...my dad fell in my parents fish pond/water garden!  How you say?  Well, our dog Sophie got out of the house.  If she gets out, she takes off...so my dad ran out of the house after her.  The pond was covered with window screens to keep the leaves out...and the screens were covered with snow.  It was a little hard to see the pond, but HELLOOOO, the pond has been there for years!  Anyways, as he flew out of the house and around the corner, into the pond he went!  Poor fish...my mom said, the fish must have thought a big grizzly was after them or something...lol!!  He came back in the house dripping wet...without the dog.  My mom asked him where Sophie was, and he said "I don't know, I fell in the pond!"  haha  She said, "well you need to go back out there and get her."  So, back out he went, dripping wet, and finally caught Sophie!  Unfortunately, there were no eyewitnesses...my mom was doing a breathing treatment for Ivy...and Jason, Ian, and I were sledding.  We did see the mangled window screen from the mishap when we came back from sledding.  I'm sure it wasn't funny then, but it is now!

We have had hot chocolate, snow cream, chicken stew, and A LOT of fun hanging out in our pj's for 2 days now!  Here are some of our pictures from the last 2 days...










Love the snowball in mid air, which I was able to dodge!

Daddy getting a direct hit and at close range!







The most perfect snowflake I think I have ever seen!





















Ian named this snowman Markle...another Elf on the Shelf name I think!











Mere bathed and styled Ivy's hair while we were out sledding.  Isn't she beautimous?












1 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the photos! Ian is getting to be such a big boy!