Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ivy's birth story

Monday night, September 27th, Ian stayed with Nana and Papa, because Jason and I had to be at the hospital by 5AM. Why 5AM, I have no idea...because things didn't really get moving until about 9AM. However, we walked right in, I had my lovely hospital gown on and was in the hospital bed by 5:15AM. Then, Jason and I just sat there and talked until the nurses came in and started my IV and and hooked up all the monitors. Dr. Pereyo came in around 8:45AM and asked me if I wanted him to break my water before or after the epidural. Remembering how strong the contractions got with Ian after he broke my water, I opted to get my epidural before. About 9:30 or so I had the epidural and about 10 Dr. Pereyo came back in and broke my water and said that I was at a 3. Then, it took me until about 1:30 to get to a 7. By 2:00, I was at a 10, and Ivy was born at 2:18PM weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and was 18 inches long.

She and Ian were both exactly 5 days early...and they were exactly 2 lbs different in weight. Miss Ivy was a little thing...and I remember saying, "She's SO small." Two weeks prior, they estimated her to be 6 lbs. 7 oz...but I know that they can be off +/- 2 lbs.

Ivy's delivery was MUCH MUCH, did I mention MUCH, easier than Ian's. It took me all day to get to a 10 with him and then took 2 hours of pushing to get him out. I didn't even have to push with Ivy. In fact, Dr. Pereyo was across the room setting up when one of the nurses had to tell him to come back over to me...Ivy was not waiting!

We are SO very excited that she is finally here!


0 comments: