Last week, we had our VBS at Bethlehem! It was AWESOME! The theme this year was Incrediworld Amazement Park. Jason was the Park Director and Bryan Rice and Brian Lynn were the Park Rangers, Bo and Scout. They did a FANTASTIC job! They are hilarious!
Jason worked extremely hard on the set, along with Bryan, Brian, Johnie, Grace, and several others. The popcorn was cut out and painted by yours truly! lol Hey, at least I contributed a little bit! ;) Most everything was painted cardboard. Jason created the rollercoaster our of pvc pipe and painted it silver. He also drew the dinosaur by hand. SO talented. I am so proud of him! Here is a pic of the incredible stage:
Several times throughout the week Scout used Ian's big wheel to drive into the sanctuary. Ian thought that was super cool! Jason led music, while me, Tina, Jennifer, and Carol did the motions behind him. We had so much fun!
Most importantly, the kids learned about our great creator God and the AMAZING world that he created. I think about God's creation a lot! He created everything...from the tiny mosquito and flea, to the HUGE whale, to the massive oceans, to the stars and other planets. I am in AWE of His creation. And to think, he created us, man, on the 6th day in His image. He didn't create birds or fish or anything else in His image. He created US in His image. He LOVES us so very much!
Here is a picture of all the kids and a video recap of our week:
I think the highlight of my week was when Ian came home after the first day and said, "momma, let's count the money in my elephant bank...I want to take it to church for my offering." How sweet! Ian has such a big heart and has such a sweet caring spirit about him. I hope he'll always be that way! Here is Ian counting his money:
And here is some of what we rolled:
He ended up with $59.51 before when we were done!
We had a blast this past week! I truly believe it has been the best VBS we've ever had at BBC! I am really looking forward to next year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment