And no, I don't mean BEATLES. For the last few month, we have been invaded by these creatures:
One night, one flew from out of nowhere and hit the wall beside the chair I was sitting in. I looked at Jason, "What was that?" For those that don't know me well, I have a bug phobia. EXTREME bug phobia. In case you didn't get the point, I HATE BUGS! Anyway, to continue with the story, I asked Jason to find the mystery flying object. He picks a beetle up from behind our coffee table and sat it on top of the table. He said, "It's dead." I was like, "um, can you discard the dead beetle outside?" He said, "I will in minute."
About 15 minutes later, I look over at the table, and the "dead" beetle was no longer laying there. It was MIA. I yelled for Jason and told him that it was not there anymore and that "I KNEW it wasn't dead!!!!" We never found the beetle that night.
Then, Jason left to go out of town the next week for work. I, again, was sitting in my chair and kept hearing something...you know...the sound of a flying insect hitting this wall and then hitting that wall. Eeeek...gives me the hibbie jibbies just thinking about it. Well, it finally landed and I grabbed the closest object I could find to eliminate the beetle once and for all. I squashed it and felt pretty good that the "dead" beetle was now officially DEAD.
Then, over the next few weeks, the beetles multiplied. We were being invaded. Eventually they would just die off on their own and we would sweep/vacuum them up.
I thought we got them all until the other night when I saw Ian playing over in the corner of our den. I said, "What are you doing?" Ian said, "looking at this beetle." As I got closer, I noticed that there was a beetle stuck in a spider web. (yes, I admit, we have a few spider webs!) Ian said something about rescuing the beetle. So, we had to have the whole circle of life discussion. I thought he might get upset knowing that the spider eats the beetle, but he was like, "hmm, ok".
Anyways, so, I think the beetle invasion is over. Every now and then, we'll find a dead carcass somewhere when we're cleaning...but haven't seen any flying around lately...THANK GOODNESS!
New School Year
4 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment