OK, so I was NOT thinking...this is what Toys R Us looked like when Erin and I attempted to take advantage of the Black Friday midnight opening:
Um, NEVER again, will I attempt Black Friday! That was NOT fun! You could not stir the people with a stick. I am talking you could not move. If you're claustrophobic, you definitely do not need to participate in Black Friday.
The first part of the night was fun...Erin and I went and saw New Moon at 10PM. Yeah, I went and saw it again. Hey, my sister needed someone to go with...I was just helping her out! :)
Then, after the movie, we left and headed towards Toys R Us. It was UNBELIEVABLE. The line was all the way down to Hamricks and there was not a parking spot to be found. EXCEPT for the parking spot directly in front of the store. I couldn't believe we were about to get the front row spot on a night like tonight. Or so we thought...
So, Erin puts her blinker on and starts to pull into the spot. From the opposite end of the parking lot comes this other car. Erin backs up so that she can pull into the spot at a better angle and the car coming from the opposite direction pulls right into the spot, barely missing Erin's car. It was CRAZY! We just sat there in shock. I cannot believe how rude some people are...my goodness. So, Erin backed up again and we headed on down the row and found another spot.
As we were walking towards the store, I noticed a cop walking towards the car that totally cut us off...and the crowd starts cheering. I couldn't really hear what the cop was saying to the driver, but there were 3 ladies standing near the car and we could hear them saying "she totally just cut that other car off...it was their spot". I was like yeah, that was OUR spot. Anyways, it ends up the girl was driving with a suspended license.
We didn't hang around to see what happened, we just went ahead and got in line to get into the madness...I mean store.
Maybe I am naive, but my eyes were OPENED to black Friday for the first time tonight. NEVER again will I attempt that. I will just pay the extra money...to me...that was not worth it. I know some love it and look forward to the time together...and maybe if I didn't have to work in the morning, I might would have been willing to stay...but no, I think I am DONE with Black Friday. Good luck to those that are out there! I'm going to bed!






0 comments:
Post a Comment