So, this week has not been a very good week for the Thomas family in terms of health.
Ian seems to be recovering well from the Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Based on pictures we saw on the internet (remember, I am Mrs. DiagnoseMyselfOnTheInternet), Ian seemed to have a mild case. His mouth was the worst area. He only had 1-2 bumps on each hand and foot. The worst part seemed to be the 104 fever on Friday and loss of appetite. He has not wanted to eat in days. I get a little bit in him here and there...but I'm used to a good eater...and I don't like him not eating. However, this morning, after some encouraging, he ate his entire bowl of cereal and a container of yogurt. He didn't have fever and his mouth sores seemed to be almost gone (they are really faint), so we sent him on to daycare. When we were walking in the door to his classroom, he immediately said, "I don't feel so good." I think he has gotten used to staying home. It was story time and they had all the little kids lined up against the wall and the 2 teachers were reading to them. His friends were so excited to see him when he walked in...and one of the little girls, Bailey, slid over to make room for Ian...and when he sat down, she put her arm around him. It was so cute! Ian seemed to be happy to see his friends and I felt like if I could just get him back in there with his buddies, that it would do him a world of good. He was so cute, I just looked at him through the window of the door as I left to make sure he was ok and he was pointing to the book that the teachers were reading and I could read his lips telling his teachers, "that story is about God...that story is about God." Hopefully, he has a good day and eats a good lunch.
As for me, I seemed to be developing a nice sinus infection. I am about due for one...I usually have about 1 a year and it's been awhile. It started yesterday with extreme sinus pressure...that I thought was going to kill me. I have not had one that hurt this much in a long time. My teeth hurt so bad, it was painful to eat supper last night. So, after we ate supper with Jason's parents, I came home, took some pain medicine and sat with the hot compress on my face. It feels about the same today. Just hoping and praying Ian doesn't come down with this next.
Which brings me to the title of this post...I know that the flu (H1N1) is going around like crazy...and it can just stay away from my house. We do not need 1 more thing right now! Ian and I both had our flu shots on Thursday, Oct. 1st...and although I know that the shot we received was not for the H1N1...I am just hoping and praying that H1N1 STAYS AWAY!!
New School Year
4 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment