Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning...

oh what a beautiful day...we have a wonderful feeling...our land on which no more we'll pay!!

That's right! Jason and I are now the proud owners of 5.5 acres in the neighborhood Smith's Tavern!! We officially own the land as of yesterday.

I could not be more excited! It is such a great feeling to know that you actually own something you've worked hard to pay off! We have been and will continue to tweak house plans until we have our dream house. We are not planning to build for several more years...but yay for one more debt paid off!

I have not really blogged about it...but Jason and I are in the process of completing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover steps. We are currently in step 2, which he refers to as the debt snowball. This is where you list out your debts (other than your house) and pay off the smallest debt first. Then, use that money to go towards the next highest debt, etc. etc. He says you can usually complete step 2 in 2 to 2.5 years once you really start attacking your debt.

I have listened to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover CD's (3 total) in the car...and I can honestly say, I am sold. It's not going to be easy...but it seems very attainable to be completely debt free within a few short years. Jason and I, fortunately, do not have a ton of debt. We have 1 credit card, which we pay off every month, a mortgage, car payment, etc. However, any debt is too much debt. We both agree that money is not something that couples should fight over in a marriage...and are hoping that by completing Dave's Total Money makeover...money will never be an issue for our family.

So, if you're drowning in debt, fighting over money, or just don't like to owe people...I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Our next debt to pay off...my car!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

You guys are doing great! We still have my student loans left to pay (Brian just paid his off last year) and then we'll only have our house payment, too!

The McDonalds said...

Congrats!!! So proud of you!