Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Ian is 18 months today!

I can't believe how fast time seems pass. It seems like yesterday Ian was born:





And now he's 18 months old!! This is his first school picture:



Ian is so full of life and so much fun! He is a typical boy and enjoys getting into things and climbing on everything. I believe that he's definitely going to be into sports one day. He absolutely loves to throw and kick any kind of ball he can find. Being his momma is the best thing and it gets better and better everyday. It seems like he is learning something new everyday!

He is Mr. Independent these days and wants to do everything himself. He's feeding himself very well and can use a fork and a spoon. Although he's not very efficient with it yet, he does a pretty good job. It can be kind of frustrating as half ends up in his lap...but the boy has to learn somehow.

Today, I took him for his 18 month checkup. Dr. Hicklin said he looked great! He weighs 28.3 lbs. and is 33 inches tall. Healthy growing boy!

His vocabulary is just going through the roof and he is starting to string words together such as "I got it." He has a slight problem with S's, and tends to put "SH" in their place...so outside sounds like outshide, and socks sounds like shocks, and sit...well...you can imagine what it sounds like...ha! Sometimes he gets to sounding like a broken record and he'll be pointing for us to sit somewhere while continuing to tell us to sit, sit, sit...and well...Jason and I can't keep from laughing long enough to sit where he's telling us. I actually got him saying it on camera (see video below). Again, I apologize for the singing!

Nothing is better than a box right?!

I just love him with all my heart!

4 comments:

The Cassidys said...

Julie - Ian is just precious! I can't wait to see him in a few weeks, and you too of course! I know he fills your heart with so much joy every day and I am so happy for you and Jason that you have such a healthy and happy little man! I love the school picture of him! JUST LOVE IT! You've gotta tell me where you shop for him! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

It so doesn't think that he should be 18 mths old yet. He is such a blessing to me!! Just know that when I need a laugh, I truly go to your blog and just listen to him laugh and talk. Both you and Jason are blessed to have such a healthy baby boy!! Thanks for sharing your life with me.

Hajost Family said...

What a great 'school picture'!!! I love the video of him laughing - laughter is so contagious! He's precious!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! So cute!!! I love the video!