Well...we are slowly getting unpacked. It seems like it is taking forever...and I guess it is...but my day consists of getting up, showering, feeding Ian, dressing myself, fixing my hair and putting on makeup, dressing Ian, preparing his lunch, driving him to daycare, work 8 hours, workout either during lunch or after work, supper, play with Ian, bathe Ian and put him to bed. By the time I sit down, it's usually 9 oclock and Jason and I are EXHAUSTED! There just isn't enough hours in the day!
So, anyways...our after pics will come a few at a time.
First of all, you may recall the not so attractive wallpaper in the kitchen. Well, Jason and his dad worked long and hard to remove all that and paint our kitchen red. I just really wanted a red kitchen. Not sure why I was stuck on red...but ever since I saw Fireproof...and their red kitchen...that's what I have wanted...and I LOVE IT. It turned out great! Not too over the top...but just the right red I was looking for. We bought about 5 shades...and ended up going with "Flamestitch Red" by Valspar. I think it's a great contrast with the white cabinets!
We painted our bedroom the color "Shark" by Valspar (inspiration from my friends Chris and Amanda Cassidy!) . I think it turned out great as well. It's a very nice relaxing color.
Our den remained a beige...which I LOVE as well. We already had our yellow and red plaid chair and a half...so by the time I bought the red lamps and the red orchids for our mantle...the den came together quite nicely!
Jason and I are very simple people. So, we tend to steer towards clean lines and contemporary decor.
So, here are our after pics of our kitchen, den, and master bedroom!

Our next projects: Ian's bedroom, guest bathroom, dining room and master bathroom. Stay tuned!!









7 comments:
Great start Julie! I love the bedroom color! I too am a big fan of red. My bathroom is barn red, and I love it!
Very nice! I love red too... I am obsessed with anything red Kitchen Aid. hehe :) Love the bedroom color! Looks very similar to the color we just painted ours... storm clouds was the name, but we have pretty much the same bedding colors i love the blues/aquas and browns! Congrats on your new home!
I love the red, too!
I love them all! You have done a great job!
the Shark blue is my favorite!! Gorgeous!
it all looks great! it's really coming together.
Your house looks GREAT!!!! i love the RED kitchen and the master bedroom and living room look very nice! I'm happy you are settling in! Enjoy doing all the other rooms and try to get some rest in-between sometime... :)
Post a Comment