Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Blog Book

I've started a little project...I'm turning my blog into a book.

I just got to thinking the other day, what if something were to happen to Blogger and their servers just went "kapoof" one day...all of our posts would be gone forever.

So, I decided to do some research and see if there was some way to turn my blog into a book, so that we would have a hard copy and be able to look back and show our kids in years to come.

After looking at several sites, I ended up going with http://www.blurb.com/.


It is relatively easy. You have to download their Booksmart software. Then, once you've installed the software, you create a book, "slurp" your blog (import all your text and pictures), and then layout the pages like you want. Once you've got the book laid out like you want, you then upload the finished book to http://www.blurb.com/ and they will print the hardback book and ship it to your house in about a week!

As I was telling Jason about me doing this tonight, he said he was going to do that for me for Valentine's Day. How sweet! Too bad I messed up his surprise...but I think it's a great idea and I love him for thinking of doing it for me.

My goal is to create a book of the Thomas Family blog each year.

Here is the cover I am playing around with so far...except I'm going to do the pictures in black and white I think:


"One Day at a Time - 2008" coming soon!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I should have talked to you about this. I found out about blurb a week or so ago. I have downloaded all of 2008 into my book, but haven't finished the cover yet. Have you sent yours off yet? How much was it? I had ove 445 pictures in mine! It's gonna cost, I am sure. I will talk to you about it tomorrow!

Dodi said...

Feel free to not use that P90X picture. My feelings will not be hurt. :) What a great idea - the book, not the picture.

Mom said...

I've been working on my blurb book for a while now Julie! They're really affordable, and I think it's so worth it! Good luck. I can't wait to see the finished product.