It was actually my visit for a cleaning...but Ian was there observing. During my last visit, I asked my dentist when he recommended that children start coming to the dentist. He said usually at the age of 3. So, since Ian turned 3 in April they suggested that I bring Ian to my appointment today and let him see what all goes on at the dentist.
So, I had Jason bring him up there today and that way if Ian got wild, Jason could just take him on home.
Well, Ian did great and stayed in the room the whole time! He was so curious and asked a ton of questions (typical Ian). He kept asking Jason to hold him up so that he could see what Amy, my hygienist who I love, was doing. Amy was very good with Ian and explained everything to him. I think Ian's favorite part was when she took the suctioning tube and suctioned the water out after she rinsed my teeth! She called the suctioning device, "Mr. Thirsty!" She also showed him her toothpaste "ring" that she had on her finger as she was cleaning my teeth...and told him she would use bubble gum flavor toothpaste when he came to have his teeth cleaned to get rid of "tooth bugs". She let him turn the TV in the room to cartoons, and he was very excited when we found Sponge Bob! She gave him some stickers as he was leaving and told him he would get some more goodies during his visit in June.
We scheduled his first official dentist visit for June 28th. Hopefully that visit will go just as well as our visit today!
I think my favorite part about the whole visit today was when Ian asked Dr. Ellett when he was going to get the baby out! lol Wrong doctor little man!
New School Year
4 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment