Donate to Ivy's League

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mommy, you forgot...

to read me a book. At 4:45 AM? Really?


For the last 2-3 weeks or so, Ian has woken up just about every night at some point during the night for random reasons. It's getting a little old. Pregnant girls need their sleep!! lol

While we were converting his bedroom, before his big boy bed arrived, we had him just sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor in his toy room/baby sister's future room. Well, one night he yelled for me to come in there at 4:45am. When I got in there, he had the light on, sitting on his mattress, flipping through a book. "Mommy, you forgot to read me this book." Me, "Um, and I am not going to right now at 4:45am either! Lay down and go to sleep! See ya in a few hours."

Another night, he rolled off of his mattress and yelled for me to come in there. "Mommy, I fell off." Me, "Ian, you fell 4 inches. I think you're ok. Now, get back up on your mattress and go back to sleep."

Finally, his big boy bed arrived and he started sleeping in it. A couple of nights ago, he yelled for me to come in there, um, around 3am. Irritated that this was becoming a nightly thing, I stormed in there ready to fuss. I turned on the hall light outside his bedroom...and when I walked into his room, he was sitting up in the bed in the dark with his lips puckered. Immediately, I was like, how can I be mad at that? So, I gave him a kiss, tucked him back in, and went back to bed.

One night, he had us up literally 8 times...in ONE night. Jason finally popped him the last time...because none of those times were emergencies. One time it was because he was cold...um, Ian, you are perfectly capable of pulling your covers back up yourself. Another time it was because he couldn't find his pillow...he had just slid half way down the bed...the pillow was literally a few inches away from his head.

We finally told him, please do not yell for us unless you're sick, bleeding, or have had an accident.

Last night, he finally slept all night!! Yahoo! We are just going to chalk those other nights up to transition. Here's hoping to more 8+ hour, uninterrupted nights of sleep!

0 comments: